One Song Each Day for an Entire Year

A couple decades ago, a friend did an extremely similar project with movies. I thought, "I should do that -- but with music."

The goal is to share music that stands out and do so while eating 5-10 minutes of your time for each day.

These are not necessarily my favorite songs -- although, I like most of them. They simply have an element that goes beyond your typical piece of music, and each post will include an explanation of why I chose it.

Some songs will have a special place in my life, but most of them will speak to a shared experience.

Some of them will be bad songs that have a good element. Some of them are all about the music video -- regardless of the quality of the song. Some of them will be about the story behind the song.

Even when the project is done, there will be troves of songs that deserve to go here, and I will probably wish I removed This Song and replaced it with That Song.

Just like the music we choose to listen to at any given time, whatever goes here will be at least somewhat predicated on how I feel that day or what I recently heard "in the wild" away from home, but during an entire year, I'll probably feel all the certain ways at least once -- and probably a few times.

Thank you for going on this journey with me. I hope you enjoy it. 😊

If links are broken, please search for the song or video and play it when you get a chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiona Apple "Criminal"

David Bowie "Young Americans" (from "The Dick Cavett Show" Dec. 4, 1974)