Starcadian "New Cydonia" (f. HAYLEY)

The next-to-last episode of Marvel's "M.O.D.O.K." had a literal showstopping moment for me.

One of the characters does a dance routine to this song. Immediately after the scene, I rewound to the start and watched it again, focusing on the music. Then, I went to the show credits to see what song it is.

Nothing.

Then, I went to the internet to see if someone posted information about it (within 2 hours of the episode's release).

Nothing.

After nearly 30 minutes of searching for various lyrical combinations, I stumbled upon this, the official music video for that song.

I have no idea why it's unaccredited on the show, but it's one of my favorite songs of the last few years.

I love synch pop, but synch wave is another level of eargasmic listening.

The lyrics are cute, but the slow-tempo beat is infectious when paired with the keytar-ish synth progressions.

Here's the kicker: This isn't even my favorite version of this song. Starcadian has an alternate version that I like even more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fiona Apple "Criminal"

David Bowie "Young Americans" (from "The Dick Cavett Show" Dec. 4, 1974)

One Song Each Day for an Entire Year